Welcome to AHEAD!
AHEAD's Vision“AHEAD envisions educational and societal environments that value disability and embody equality of opportunity.”
News and Notes
- JPED 26(2) is Now Available!
- Authors Guild v HathiTrust - Amicus Brief
- Guidance on Service Animals from President Scott Lissner
- AHEAD Spring Webinar Series - Registration Open
- 2013 Annual AHEAD Conference Exhibit & Marketing Opportunities
- 2013 Membership Renewal
- A new publication - Beyond Accommodation
- Subscribe to AHEAD members only discussion list
- CRPD Updates
AHEAD's MissionAHEAD is the premiere professional association committed to full participation of persons with disabilities in postsecondary education. As an international resource, AHEAD:
- values diversity, personal growth and development, and creativity
- promotes leadership and exemplary practices
- provides professional development and disseminates information
- orchestrates resources through partnership and collaboration
- AHEAD dynamically addresses current and emerging issues with respect to disability, education, and accessibility to achieve universal access.
- Philosophy, thinking, and paradigms that view disability as the interaction between person and environment
- Diversity within all aspects of the Association;
- Equitable, sustainable, and usable postsecondary environments;
- Professionals who respect and nourish student autonomy and work as allies to design inclusive communities; and
- Organizational strength that sustains essential resources and supports growth.