Welcome to the Connecticut Association of Higher
Education and Disability (CT AHEAD) website. CT AHEAD has a membership
or disability professionals that represent a considerable depth
of knowledge and experience in supporting students with disabilities
in higher education settings. The purposes of CT AHEAD are:
- To develop communication, cooperation, and coordination among institutions
of higher education on issues relating to individuals with disabilities;
- To promote public awareness of the needs and issues of individuals
- To support institutions in balancing academic integrity with academic
- To work with other professional, public and private agencies and consumers
to promote institutional and statewide initiatives to meet the educational
needs of individuals with disabilities;
- To collaborate with secondary schools and employers to facilitate
transition to, and from, post-secondary education and public and private
- To provide professional development for Association members and other
professionals working within this field;
- To promote and support policies (e.g. admission, staffing and accommodations)
which increase access and opportunity in higher education for individuals
with disabilities; and,
- To promote systematic data collection to gather information across
institutions for enhancing knowledge and awareness of factors relating
to post-secondary education for individuals with disabilities.
The purpose of this website is to educate students, parents and professionals
about various services offered by Connecticut colleges and universities
and about conferences and other activities. The professional members of
CT AHEAD are committed to the principle that people with disabilities
have the same access and academic opportunities as students without disabilities,
to create a "level playing field."
As president of CT AHEAD, my goal is to promote the rights of students
with disabilities to get the accommodations and services that they need
to fulfill their true educational potential. If you have any questions,
comments or concerns about CT-AHEAD or about support services for students
with disabilities please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Peter F. Love, M.P.H., Ph.D.
President, CT AHEAD
Past President Pam Starr's welcome
Copyright © 2003 CTAHEAD. All rights reserved.