Connecticut AHEAD is a statewide organization of professionals committed to full participation in higher education for qualified individuals with disabilities. The Association is a vital resource, promoting excellence through education, communication, and training.
- To develop communication, cooperation, and coordination among institutions of higher education on issues relating to individuals with disabilities;
- To promote public awareness of the needs and issues of individuals with disabilities;
- To support institutions in balancing academic integrity with academic accommodations;
- To work with other professionals, public and private agencies and consumers to promote institutional and statewide initiatives to meet the educational needs of individuals with disabilities;
- To collaborate with secondary schools and employers to facilitate transition to and from postsecondary education and public and private businesses;
- To provide professional development for Association members and other professionals working within this field;
- To promote and support policies (e.g., admission, staffing, and accommodations) which increase access and opportunity in higher education for individuals with disabilities; and,
- To promote systematic data collection to gather information across institutions for enhancing knowledge and awareness of factors relating to postsecondary education for individuals with disabilities.
Membership in CT AHEAD
- Membership in Connecticut AHEAD is limited to professionals in the field.
- Membership dues will be $100.00 for institutional membership and $50.00 for individual membership;
- Institutional memberships are limited to a maximum of three individuals;
- The membership year runs from September 1 to August 31.
- download a printable membership form
- View the Connecticut AHEAD bylaws
Copyright © 2003 CTAHEAD. All rights reserved.