There are several options available for documenting professional development through conference participation:
AHEAD members carry a wide variety of professional certifications, making it impossible for AHEAD to pre-certify educational content with all licensing bodies. However, we encourage you to check with your credentialing agency to learn its requirements. Using a combination of the attendance verification form and the session description, many members have been able to receive CEUs from their professional associations. If you need additional information, such as presenter biographies, contact Carol Funckes.
- AHEAD will pre-approve the educational content of the conference with the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) to make it easy for Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCs) to request continuing education units (CEUs). Forms will be available onsite to verify attendance at each qualifying session.
- Plans are in place to also certify professional development CEUs through the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID). Information and forms will be available onsite.
- A formal Certificate of Attendance is available to document professional development for your employer or personal resume. The form will be available onsite in Boston.
Instructional hours for each qualifying session:
(professional development hours are not available for poster sessions or social events)
- Two-day Preconference: 13 hours
- One-day Preconference: 6.5 hours
- Half-day Preconference: 3.25 hours
- Opening Plenary: 1 hour
- Concurrent Session #1: 1.5 hours
- Concurrent Session #2: 1 hour
- Feature Presentation A: 1.5 hours
- Concurrent Session #3: 1.5 hours
- Concurrent Session #4: 1 hour
- Concurrent Session #5: 1 hour
- Concurrent Session #6: 1 hour
- Concurrent Session #7: 1 hour
- Feature Presentation B: 2 hours
- Concurrent Session #8: 1.5 hours