AHEAD 2018 General Information
Equity & Excellence: Access in Higher Education,
The 41st Conference of the Association on Higher Education And Disability
The Albuquerque Convention Center
Albuquerque, New Mexico
July 16-21, 2018
Planning for The Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) 41st international conference: Equity & Excellence: Access in Higher Education is underway!
- Over 200 conference sessions have been proposed and are currently under review by the Program Chairs and their team of reviewers.
- Agencies and innovators who provide services and resources to disability resource professionals are making their plans to be a part of AHEAD’s annual Exhibit Hall.
- Selection of a Keynote Speaker is underway… with announcement to be made in January
The annual conference is the Association’s hallmark event, drawing approximately 1,500 participants from around the world with expertise in diverse fields such as education, technology, law, scholarship, and government. Disability resource and services managers, student affairs personnel, ADA coordinators, diversity officers, faculty, AT/IT staff, instructional personnel, students, and interested colleagues will converge for five days of learning and networking. We hope you’re planning to join us!
For your early planning needs:
- Information on selection of proposals
- Information for proposal reviewers
- Cost and registration information
If you have submitted proposal(s) for presentation at the conference, THANK YOU. The following information may be helpful as you plan. You will also receive regular communication from the planning team as the conference nears.
- Notification of program status (accepted, waitlisted, denied) sent- February, 2018
- Presentation agreement returned by accepted presenters- March, 2018
- Conference registration open - March 2018
- Accessible, electronic versions of PowerPoint, handouts, and other session materials sent to AHEAD- June 25, 2018
Please remember that you agreed to the following when submitting your proposal:
- All presenters must register for the conference.
- All handouts and presentation support literature will be provided to AHEAD in accessible, electronic formats by June 25, 2018.
- All videos used at the conference must be captioned. Video captioning is the responsibility of the presenter, as is the cost of any necessary equipment related to its use.
- All visual aids used during a session must be verbally described.
- The Program Committee and AHEAD Staff may edit the proposed abstract, session length, and format for inclusion in conference materials.
Room Set Up and Audio Visual Equipment
- All presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop or tablet to support their presentation and appropriate cables to connect to a VGA projector.
- Concurrent Session rooms are arranged in theater style (rows of chairs), with a head tabl
- Preconference rooms are set with round tables (6 people per table) to support discussion.
- AHEAD will equip each presentation room with:
- one (1) LCD projector with VGA connection, power supply, and presentation cart;
- one (1) projection screen appropriate to the room
- two (2) microphones and supporting equipment to facilitate appropriate amplification for the venue and assistive listening devices
- one (1) flipchart and pens, upon request only
- Poster presenters will be provided with one 4’ x 6’ bulletin board, a table for materials, and two chairs. Presenters may use their own battery-powered laptops, tablets, or netbooks as part of their presentations; however, electrical power and audiovisual equipment are not available.
If you have any questions or need to make edits to your proposal or presentation team, please contact Carol Funckes at email@example.com.
Full registration information, registration, and detailed hotel information will be available in mid-March 2018. For early planners:
- Early-bird, member registration: $595
- Conference housing will be accommodated in three hotels; the Hyatt Regency, the Doubletree, and the Hotel Andaluz. The room rate for AHEAD attendees will be $154.00 + tax per night for single or double occupancy.