Announcing Opportunities to Market through Exhibiting, Advertising, Literature Distribution, and Sponsorship
The Setting for AHEAD 2008
All activities related to the AHEAD Conference will be housed at the Grand Sierra Resort in the beautiful Sierra Mountains of Reno, Nevada. AHEAD welcomes for-profit and not-for-profit organizations who have an interest in the intersection between disaiblity and higher education to be represented at AHEAD 2008 through exhibiting, advertising, sponsorship, and literature distribution.
The AHEAD 2008 Exhibit hall will be conveniently located in the midst of the breakout session rooms and
common foyer areas facilitating easy visiting by conference attendees.
The schedule for the conference has been designed to allow for ample “non-competing time” for attendees to visit the exhibit hall, while also stopping by at their leisure during breaks and meal times.
Recognizing that many important relationships are forged beyond the walls of the Exhibit Hall, AHEAD strongly encourages exhibitors to attend sessions, workshops, receptions, and other conference events while at AHEAD 2008 to maximize opportunities to meet attendees and promote your organization.
Please review the following opportunities available to promote your organization in conjunction with the AHEAD 2008 Conference, decide on the best fit for your needs, and submit your application to participate today.
We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Reno, Nevada in July of 2008!
This booklet outlines marketing opportunities available to your organization in conjunction with the AHEAD 2008 Conference, July 14 – 19 at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada, USA.
Opportunities outlined here include:
- exhibiting at the conference,
- packaging your organization’s literature with attendees registration materials,
- display advertising in the Conference Program,
- mailing lists of AHEAD members and Conference attendees, and
- sponsorships of Conference activities that offer wide-reach visibility while showing your support for the work of AHEAD.
We have designed several “packages” of marketing activities that reduce your costs while maximizing your outreach. We often negotiate customized sponsorship packages with organizations to most fully meet your needs. If you don’t see what you need, please let us know.
The AHEAD 2007 Conference attracted just over 1,100 attendees from across North America, and 13 other countries. As the AHEAD conference has continued to grow every year – I feel confident that you’ll find the AHEAD Conference to be a great place to meet and introduce your organization to a vibrant group of Disability Professionals in higher education.
I hope you will join AHEAD in Reno next July as we celebrate our 31st Anniversary as an organization.
Please feel welcome to contact our Exhibits Manager, Kim Probin, at 704-947-7779 or by e-mail to Kim@ahead.org to discuss marketing opportunities through AHEAD.
Of course, if I may be of service to you, you are most welcome to contact me directly as well!
Looking forward to seeing you in 2008!
Stephan J. Smith
Executive Director, AHEAD
Present Your Organization in our Exhibit Hall
Booth space rental includes one 10’ x 10’ draped booth with one 6’ x 30" table, two chairs, recycle bin, and an identification sign. One person from each organization is given credentials to attend all Conference events. Additional persons may be credentialed for the Exhibit Hall only for $100.00 each, or are welcome to register as attendees for the Conference if they would like to fully participate in the Conference. A complete decorator’s kit from GES Exposition Services will be provided to all exhibitors in mid-May 2008. Organizations that need additional furniture or services (electrical, internet, etc.) will make arrangements with the designated decorator. Additional costs incurred by exhibitors are the exhibitor’s sole responsibility. Space charges per 10’ x 10’ booth:
For-profit Non-member Organizations $ 1,100
For-profit Member Organizations $ 850
Not-for-profit Non-member Organizations $ 900
Not-for-profit Member Organizations $ 700
If you would like to become a Member of AHEAD and take advantage of special member discounts, please contact Kim Probin in the AHEAD office at Kim@ahead.org or by telephone at (704) 947-7779 (v/t).
Please review the floorplan when making your booth preference selections on your application to participate.
Get Your Literature in the Hands of Attendees
You can have your organization’s literature prepackaged with every Conference attendee’s registration materials. This is a great way to draw people to your booth and a great option for those of you who can’t attend the Conference.
One brochure/pamphlet $350 (non-member); $280 (member)
Two brochures/pamphlets $450 (non-member); $360 (member)
Three brochures/pamphlets $550 (non-member); $440 (member)
Additional per piece over three $100
Advance Marketing, A Major Key to Success
As an exhibitor or an advertiser, you can purchase an AHEAD member mailing list at a significantly reduced price. As you know, this benefit is your ticket to successful pre-show marketing. Non-members can place an order for a member mailing list in conjunction with an order for booth rental, and the complete set of approximately 2,000 members will be yours for the discounted price of $250 (a $600 value). Your mailing list will be sent to you in early May 2007. Partner Members receive a complimentary mailing list once AHEAD has processed your membership application.
All exhibitors of the AHEAD 2007 Conference are also entitled to order a 2007 conference attendee mailing list to be delivered in August 2007. The cost of this mailing list set is only $150.
Double Your Impact with Conference Program Advertising
The AHEAD Conference Program contains all of the information pertaining to sessions, presenters and activities. All attendees, speakers and primary exhibitor representatives receive a Program at registration. Format: 8” x 10.75” black and white, off-set press. Art must be camera-ready either in hard-copy laser print, or electronically in “tif” format at 600 dpi resolution or higher.
Full page 7" x 9 3/4" $600
Half page (H) 7" x 4 3/4" $400
Half page (V) 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" $400
Quarter page (H) 7" x 2 1/4" $250
Quarter page (V) 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" $250
Deadline for submitting an advertising order is May 4, 2008.
Artwork for advertising is due by May 14, 2008.
Increase your savings with one of AHEAD’s great marketing package deals!
SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 20% OVER AND ABOVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS!
• 1 booth space (10’ x 10’)
• 1/2 page ad in the Conference
• 1 brochure for literature distribution
Regular for-profit cost $ 1,825
Package for-profit cost $ 1,450 (non-member); $ 1,150 (member)
Regular non-profit cost $ 1,525
Package non-profit cost $ 1,100 (non-member); $ 875 (member)
• 2 booth spaces (10’x 20’)
• 1/2 page ad in the Conference Program
• 2 brochures for literature distribution
Regular for-profit cost $ 3,025
Package for-profit cost $ 2,420 (non-member); $ 1,900 (member)
Regular non-profit cost $ 2,225
Package non-profit cost $ 1,750 (non-member); $ 1,400 (member)
• 1/2 page ad in the Conference Program
• one brochure for literature distribution
Regular cost $ 725
Package cost $ 575 (non-member); $ 450 (member)
Magnify Your Visibility & Prestige!
Underwrite an AHEAD 2007 Event!
As a NAMED SPONSOR, you’ll receive special recognition in the Conference Program, complimentary ½ page advertising upgrade, and your organization’s name and logo will appear on all signage during the event you choose to sponsor. AHEAD welcomes partial and/or joint sponsorship for any of these events.
Coffee Breaks $ 500 each (4 available)
Plenary Speaker $ 1,000 (3 available)
Welcome Reception $ 2,500 (1 available)
President’s Reception $ 5,000 (1 available)
Banquet $ 7,500 (1 available)
AHEAD is a 501C-3 organization, your sponsorship may be
Exhibit Hall Schedule of Events
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
8:00 am – noon Decorators Move In
noon – 4:30 pm Exhibitors Move In
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Exhibit Hall Grand Opening hosted with the
Thursday, July 17, 2008
9:00 am – 4:15 pm Exhibit Hall Open
9:00 am – 10:45 am Continental Breakfast and Poster Session in
the Exhibit Hall
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Lunch available in the exhibit hall for attendees
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Extended afternoon refreshments for
attendees in the exhibit hall
Friday, July 18, 2008
9:00 am – 12:15 pm Exhibit Hall Open
10:30 am – 12:15 pm Exhibitors’ Plenary with refreshments for
attendees and Poster Session 2 in the exhibit hall
12:15 pm – 3:00 pm Exhibitors move out
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Decorator move out
In addition to the schedule above, exhibitors are welcome and encouraged to stay for, and participate in, the entirety of the AHEAD 2008 Conference that will begin on Tuesday, July 15th and end on Saturday, July 19th.
AHEAD has reserved a discounted room block at the Grand Sierra Resort for Attendees and Exhibitors. Room rates for AHEAD exhibitors are only $135+tax (single/double), and reservations can be made by contacting the resort directly.
The Grand Sierra Resort
2500 East Second Street
Reno, NV 89595
Direct Telephone: 775-789-2000
Toll-free Reservations: 800-648-5080
Take Advantage of the Marketing Opportunities AHEAD 2007 has to Offer!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Choose the combination of opportunities best for your organization. Please refer to the AHEAD 2007 Exhibit Hall Floor Planhttp://ahead.org/training/conference/2008/floorplan.pdf (pdf file, 779KB) to select your first choice booth option.
2. Read the contract and complete the application form. (Word doc, 50KB) Don’t forget to consider becoming a PARTNER MEMBER for additional benefits and savings!
3. Submit your application with complete payment by FAX or mail to AHEAD (AHEAD accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) at:
AHEAD 2008 Exhibits
107 Commerce Center Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078
Questions? E-mail Kim Probin at email@example.com or by calling the phone number above.
Here is a Partial List of Recent AHEAD Exhibitors
- Academic Success Press, Inc.
- Accutrack by Engineerica Systems, Inc.
- ADA & IT Technical Assistance Centers
- Adaptive Engineering Ltd. - Wheelchair Lifts
- Adaptive Information Systems, LLC
- Alternative Communciation Systems (ACS)
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Automatic Sync Technologies, LLC
- Caption First, Inc.
- Center on Education and Work
- DeWitt & Associates
- Disability Access Information and Support (DAIS)
- Dolphin Computer Access, Inc.
- Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Enabling Technologies
- Freedom Scientific - Learning System Group
- Freedom Scientific - BLV Group
- Freedom Vision
- Gallaudet University Regional Center atJohnson County Community College
- George Washington University - HEATH ResourceCenter
- Henry Holden
- Henter Math, LLC
- Kurzweil Educational Systems, Inc.
- LRP Publications
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf at RochesterInstitute of Technology
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Optelec U.S., Inc.
- Penn State Altoona
- RFB&D - Learning Through Listening
- Routleoge (Taylor & Francis Group)
- Salome Heyward & Associates
- Sighted Electronics, Inc.
- Sign Language Associates
- Social Security Administration - Employment PolicyTeam
- Spectrum Industries, Inc.
- SR-PS, Inc.
- text HELP! SYSTEMS, LTD.
- Townsend Press
- Transportation Security Administration
- ULTECH LLC
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Utah State University - The ASD Project
- UW DoIT Digital Publishing and Printing Services
- ViewPlus Technologies