The Community College SIG exists to promote the effectiveness and best practices of service delivery to professionals working with students with disabilities as they strive to promote full integration of these students in the community college setting. The Community College SIG Chair(s) recognize the importance of communication within its members and strive to keep the listserv and the web site current and applicable.
4200 Clermont College Drive
Batvia, Ohio 45103
- The listserv is for Community College Special Interest Group members only; please retain member privacy when sharing general information to other professionals off list; listserv members expect their input to be confidential to nonmembers.
- Always remember that you are interacting with people so be mindful of what you write; never write anything you would not say to someone directly. Never use a list for personal attacks or profanity; if you would not say it in a crowded room for all to hear, do not write it in a message.
- Write only public (never private) messages; lists are a public forum, personal comments or criticisms should be sent directly to the person, not the entire list.
- When you are replying to a list message be sure to note to whom you are replying; lists are often set up to reply to the list. If your reply is not of interest to everyone on the list change the TO: address to the person to whom your reply is directed.
- Sign your posting including brief contact information. You can use the signature that you have set up in your mail client or simply type in the information at the end of your note.
The Community College SIG meets annually at the National AHEAD conference. Check the program schedule for meeting time and location.