The AHEAD in Virginia Disability Student Scholarship is open to any student with a disability who attends a Virginia institution of higher education at which a disability/accessibility services employee is an Individual Member of AHEAD in Virginia OR the institution is an Institutional Member. The 2023 scholarship application opens on February 13, 2023.
- March 20, 2023, 5:00 p.m. - deadline for submission of Application, Transcript, and Personal Statement
- March 29, 2023, 5:00 p.m. - deadline for submission of Institutional Verification form
- April 21, 2023 - Awards will be announced on or before this date. All students eligible for consideration for the awards will receive a notification.
AHEAD in Virginia 2023 Scholarship Information
AHEAD in Virginia 2023 Scholarship Application
General Information and Eligibility
Purpose: The AHEAD in Virginia Scholarship is provided to acknowledge and support students with disabilities who are striving to earn a degree, overcoming challenges and serving their community.
- Enrolled in an accredited Virginia Institution of Higher Education at the time of application
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Dual-enrolled/high school students are not eligible
- Enrolled in a Certificate/Associate, Undergraduate or Graduate degree-seeking program of study
- Enrolled in at least three (3) credit hours for both Fall and Spring of the competition year
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- The student must be formally registered with their college or university disability office. The student is not required to be actively using services during the semester of application for scholarship.
- The institution where the student is enrolled must have at least one current member of AHEAD in Virginia for the competition year.
- Students may apply on an annual basis for the category (degree program) in which they are enrolled for that academic year: associate degree or less, undergraduate degree, or graduate degree program.
Awards: We anticipate awarding the following to students with disabilities attending a Virginia institution:
- One (1) $1000 scholarship to a student enrolled in a program leading to an associate degree or less at any 2-year, community, or technical/vocational college in Virginia.
- One (1) $1000 scholarship to an undergraduate student enrolled in a program leading to a bachelor’s degree at a private college or university in Virginia.
- One (1) $1000 scholarship to an undergraduate student enrolled in a program leading to a bachelor’s degree at a public college or university in Virginia.
- One (1) $1000 scholarship to a graduate student enrolled at any college or university in Virginia.