AHEAD K&P Communities evolve in response to the interests of the membership and emerging professional trends. As a new topic takes on importance, members may propose a new K&P to bring interested members together to develop expertise and resources.
Members interested in starting a new K&P should draft a proposal for Board of Directors consideration. The proposal should include:
1. A mission statement that aligns with AHEAD's mission, vision, and core values.
2. An identified purpose and need.
3. Names and contact information for a primary and secondary K&P representative.
- How does the proposed K&P meet needs not currently addressed by a current K&P?
4. Names and contact information for at least ten (10) AHEAD members supportive of the proposed K&P and interested in participating.
5. Description of how the proposed K&P will contribute to the mission of AHEAD and help improve practice around a specific professional area.
The Board of Directors Liaison to the K&Ps will present the proposal to the full Board for a vote on approval. The proposing members will be informed of the decision by the Liaison.