Founded in early April 2019 in Paris, France under the leadership of Humanité and Inclusion (New Window) and in conjunction with the Harkin Institute (New Window) , the GUDIN is a network of interested parties from around the world who seek to expand postsecondary education for people with disabilities. Additional information about the creation of GUDIN is available by downloading this article (Word).
AHEAD is serving as the facilitating organization for the GUDIN and welcomes all those interested to join the GUDIN listserv or request further information by sending an email of interest to GUDIN@ahead.org
The vision for GUDIN includes:
- Sharing best practices on inclusion of students, faculty, staff and administrators with disabilities in higher education settings around the world;
- Initiating or promoting research on inclusion and accessibility related topics;
- Facilitating exchanges, meetings and interactions between members;
- Participating in data collection efforts and monitoring of the impact of the network;
- Working with employers and other stakeholders to help students develop skills that will lead to success in the labor market after graduation; and
- Other activities that advance the purposes of our network and are supported by the membership.
Organizations signing the original founding statement included:
- Region Ile de France
- IDPP (Institute on Disabilities and Public Policies at American University)
- Conference des Grandes Ecoles
- Disability Resource Center at University of Arizona
- INSA Lyon
- AUCD (Association on University Centers on Disabilities)
- St. Cloud State University
- Disability Services at Texas A&M University
- The Harkin Institute
- Beacon College
- Business Disability Forum
We look forward to sharing more information throughout 2019 and to hearing from you!