AHEAD SIGs evolve in response to the interests of the membership and emerging professional trends. As a new topic takes on importance, members may propose a new SIG to bring interested members together to develop expertise and resources.
Members interested in starting a new SIG should draft a proposal for Board of Directors consideration. The proposal should address:
1. Intent, Purpose, and Contacts:
2. Description of how the proposed SIG will support AHEAD's mission and vision.3. Statement that the proposed SIG Chair will commit to a two-year leadership term to provide stability and leadership as the SIG develops
- Purpose and need: How does the proposed SIG meet needs not currently addressed by current SIGs?
- Names and contact information for at least ten (10) AHEAD members supportive of the proposed SIG and interested in participating
- Names and contact information for a primary and secondary SIG representative
- SIG Chairs must be members of AHEAD.
- Each SIG determines the term of its Chairs; however, when a SIG is first approved, the SIG Chairs must commit to at least a two-year term.
The Board of Directors Liaison to the SIGs will present the proposal to the full Board for a vote on approval. The proposing members will be informed of the decision by the Liaison.