AHEAD SIGs evolve in response to the interests of the membership and emerging professional trends. As a new topic takes on importance, members may propose a new SIG to bring interested members together to develop expertise and resources.
Members interested in starting a new SIG should draft a proposal for Board of Directors consideration. The proposal should include:
1. A mission statement that aligns with AHEAD's mission, vision, and core values.
2. An identified purpose and need.
3. Names and contact information for a primary and secondary SIG representative.
- How does the proposed SIG meet needs not currently addressed by a current SIG?
4. Names and contact information for at least ten (10) AHEAD members supportive of the proposed SIG and interested in participating.
5. Description of how the proposed SIG will contribute to the mission of AHEAD and help improve practice around a specific professional area. mission and vision.
The Board of Directors Liaison to the SIGs will present the proposal to the full Board for a vote on approval. The proposing members will be informed of the decision by the Liaison.