EVENT SPECIFIC INFORMATION (LINK AND PHONE NUMBER) WILL BE SENT TO YOU VIA EMAIL A FEW DAYS PRIOR TO EACH WEBINAR.
All AHEAD webinars use Adobe Connect and an operator-assisted phone line. The general instructions for participating are the same for each AHEAD webinar.
You may need to set up your computer in advance. The system works best with the Internet Explorer browser and a wired connection versus wifi.
- When accessing Adobe Connect, you may have to click “Run” or “Yes” to install the software. Your campus IT department can help you if you have difficulty installing this. If after login you are asked, "Where do you want to open the room?" please select the option "Open In Application". Selecting the "Open In Browser" option prevents the captioning service from properly operating. You may also need to download and install the Adobe Connect Application.
- Please see additional Adobe Connect information at the bottom of this page.
INSTRUCTIONS TO JOIN AHEAD WEBINARS
1. To view the live slideshow presentation and open captioning, use the link sent to you in email prior to each webinar.
- Click on "Enter as Guest," type your name, and select Enter.
- You will be taken to the “room” where you will see a welcome message and a chat window.
- Please introduce yourself in the chat window. Let us know your institution and role on campus and if you are joined by others.
2. We will use the phone for the audio portion of the event, not the audio in Adobe Connect.
- The number will be sent to you in email prior to each webinar.
- Please call-in about 10 minutes before we start. Let the operator know that you are attending the AHEAD event.
- Mute the volume on your phone unless you are asking a question during the Q & A portion of the event.
- Mute the volume on your computer so you don’t get echo from Adobe Connect sound system.
ACCESSIBILITY: Adobe Connect provides accessibility features that include closed captioning, keyboard access, screen reader compatibility, and other features. For additional information about accessibility in Adobe Connect, please review the Adobe Connect Accessibility Features and Guide which includes information about keyboard shortcuts
ADOBE CONNECT QUICK TIPS AND RESOURCES
- • For the best webinar experience using Adobe Connect, we recommend using a PC/MAC computer. The Adobe Connect app for mobile devices is limited in its features that benefit both attendees and presenters, including the inability to view closed captioning.
- We recommend you use a wired internet connection and an up-to-date Internet browser.
- You may want to close other programs to minimize the demands on your computer.
- Using other applications or programs in the background during the meetings, particularly web applications like email and other opened web pages, compete for CPU and bandwidth on the Internet.
- Check to be sure that Flash is working on your computer and that you have the latest version of Flash by using the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html
- Testing Your Connection: You should also check your connection before an AHEAD presentation using Adobe Connect by clicking the following link: http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm