The Indiana Association on Higher Education and Disability (Indiana AHEAD) is a non-profit professional organization whose members are current and former disability service providers as well as others interested in disability-related issues such as licensed professionals, vocational rehabilitation counselors, higher education staff, students, and advocates.
The primary purpose of Indiana AHEAD is to foster professional development opportunities and to facilitate communication among disability service providers and others interested in disability-related issues in order to support the implementation of services to students with disabilities at Indiana universities and colleges.
The goals of Indiana AHEAD are to:
- share information and resources through a network of postsecondary institutions and organizations
- facilitate communication among college disability service providers in Indiana
- provide members with opportunities for professional development
- monitor current legislation affecting disability issues
- promote equal access for students with disabilities in higher education
Over the past 40 years, a very small group of dedicated individuals has grown into a special support system for disability service professionals. Please feel free to contact any one our officers for additional information.
If you would like to connect with our network of professionals in the state of Indiana through our IN-AHEAD listserve, please contact the current IN-AHEAD web manager listed on the Officers link.