SAVE THE DATE:
1ST ANNUAL NV AHEAD CONFERENCE
Friday, December 8, 2017, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Featuring Paul Grossman, Dr. Lisa Meeks, and Dr. Richard Yao
Conference Topics Include:
- NAVIGATING A CHALLENGING ETHICAL, LEGAL, AND STUDENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITY: STUDENTS WHO INJURE THEMSELVES. Read Full Session Description
- CUTTING EDGE DEVELOPMENTS IN FEDERAL LAW CONCERNING POST-SECONDARY STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
- STUDENTS WITH DISABIITIES IN HEALTH SCIENCES: EXAMINING NATIONAL TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICES FOR DRC OFFICES
- WORKING WITH STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES IN THE CLINICAL SETTINGS
Come and learn about current hot topics in the field of Higher Education and Disabilities from the nation’s leading experts in the field. Take advantage of the opportunity to network with colleagues and develop collaborative working relationships.
Dr. Meeks is the co-founder and current President of the Coalition for Disability Access in Health Science and Medical Education, co-developer of both the AAMC Disability Webinar Series and the UCSF Disability Training Series for Faculty and Administrators, co-editor and author of the seminal text on disability in health science The Guide to Assisting Students With Disabilities: Equal Access in Health Science and Professional Education and co-PI and lead author of the AAMC Special Report: Learners and Physicians with Disabilities: Accessibility, Action, and Inclusion in Medical Education.
In addition to her work in the department of family medicine, Dr. Meeks is an Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation (IHPI) Clinician Scholar.
For more information, contact Sandi Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotels & Happenings
- Hyatt Place: $102 a night (State Rate) is 5 minutes walking to the UNLV Campus. They offer free breakfast every morning and a complimentary airport shuttle. For Reservations: https://lasvegas.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html or call (702) 369-3366
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: Thursday night $70 & Friday night $115 (all taxes and fees included). The Hard Rock offers numerous fine and casual dining options. The Hard Rock is a 7 minute walk to campus. They offer nightly shows and have a spa if you want to relax. For Reservations: https://hardrockhotel.com/ or call (702) 693-5000
- Tropicana Hotel & Casino: $104.31 a night for a King Room. The Tropicana is a 5 minute drive from campus. It offers numerous restaurants for your dining pleasure. The Laugh Factory has nightly shows to tickle your funny bone. For Reservations: http://www.troplv.com/ or call 1-888-381-8767
**If you would like information on other lodging in the area, please contact Patricia Violi at email@example.com
- NFR Bucking Ball @ Tropicana December 7-18 @ 9 p.m.
- The Laugh Factory @ Tropicana: Nightly @ 8:30 & 10:30
- The Ice Rink @ The Cosmopolitan: open daily from 2 p.m. to midnight. $10 for Nevada ID holders
- Terry Fator @ the Mirage: Saturday, December 9th @ 7:30 p.m.
- Reba w/ Brooks & Dunn @ The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace: Friday, December 8th @ 7:30 p.m.
- The Rolling Stones Exhibit @ The Palazzo **Save 10% on tickets when you book online at http://www.stonesexhibitionism.com/
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Dallas Stars @ T-Mobile Arena: Saturday, December 9th @ 5 p.m.