The Illinois/Iowa AHEAD, or ILLOWA AHEAD, Chapter is a resource for Post-Secondary Disability Professionals. Our Mission is to provide a vehicle which will strengthen the professionalism, expertise, and competency of those working in higher education with students with disabilities.
Our Purpose is to serve as a source of expertise for information on disability, disability awareness, disability legislation, disability rights, and any other related information as it relates to higher education by:
- providing assistance to members on topical information, current issues, and needed resources.
- serving as an educational organization.
- providing information collection and dissemination through newsletters, workshops, regional conferences, research, program assistance, evaluation and assessment and training programs.
- encouraging the development and expansion of a communications network primarily for those persons professionally involved in programs and services for students with disabilities.
- being involved in programs and services for students with disabilities by assisting with research, evaluation, and programmatic planning.
- supporting members as they educate the public and public officials in the areas of disability, disability rights and awareness.
- exploring areas of qualifications of persons working in disability support services positions.