Fall 2016 AHEAD Webinars
If you missed the fall 2016 webinars live but are still interested in the content, these professional development sessions are still available in full Adobe Connect recordings, complete with captioning. Simply register for any session using the following information and a link to those recordings will be sent to you for personal/staff development or to support campus collaborations that enhance accessibility.
- At the Intersection of Disability and Conduct - L. Scott Lissner, The Ohio State University
- Residence Life and Students with Autism - Jane Thierfeld Brown, Ed.D., College Autism Spectrum
- Reaching Student Veterans on their Terms - Joanna Boval, University of California, San Diego and Adam Crawford, The Ohio State University
- Need to Know: Understanding confidentiality and FERPA in the disability service office - Lisa Meeks, Ph.D, University of California, San Francisco and Neera Jain, M.S. University of Auckland
- E-Learning Accessibility: What Does an Instructor Need to Know? - Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT University of Washington
- Accessible Document Design Basics: Word, PowerPoint and Excel - Karen McCall, Karlen Communications
- Working with Vendors to Achieve Accessible Solutions - Jane Berliss-Vincent, Assistive Technology Manager, University of Michigan
- Technologies to Improve the Note Taking Experience - Robert Lee Beach, Assistive Technology Specialist and Shaun Pate, Alternate Media Specialist
Student Learning Outcomes Webinar Package - a series of three 60-minute videos from AHEAD’s Council on Academic Standards (CAS) representatives focusing on Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and their applicability in disability services work. Jean Ashmore, M.S., Emeritus Director, Disability Services, Rice University; Past President, Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) and Ann Knettler-Smith, Director, Student Accessibility Services, Delaware State University
Registration for AHEAD members is deeply discounted for all webinars, ranging from $63 to $139 per session depending on the quantity of sessions purchased. Non-members also receive quantity discounts but at higher, non-member pricing.