The Coalition Symposium will be in person in 2022 - and co-located with the AHEAD Conference in July in Cleveland, Ohio! but in a reduced manner as we re-enter life post-pandemic.
This year brings exciting new sessions, with advanced session options.
Given the smaller event, we are limited to 100 participants.
Keynote Talks Include:
- Diana Cejas, MD
"Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Disability: Embracing the Intersection"
- Laura Yyonne Bulk, PhD, OT
"Justice as a North Star"
- Lisa Meeks, PhD and Kristina Petersen, PhD
"Seizing the Moment"
Plenary Talks Include:
- "The Legal Landscape: Cases that Inform Best Practice"
- "Mental Health in the Margin: Psychological Disabilities in the Health Professions"
And an EXCITING new workshop SERIES that includes:
- High Stakes Exams (3-part series) including an appeal workshop led by the attorneys and consultant from two recently successful NBME suits. A NEW COALITION/NBME PACKET WILL ALSO BE RELEASED!
- Reading Documentation and Decision Making for Health Science Education Didactic and Practical (lab, sim, standardized Environment
- Creating an office policy/practice and developing robust faculty relationships
- A Research Symposium with Lead Disability-Inclusion Researchers
Concurrent SESSIONS including:
- Lessons from COVID: Retaining the Good
- Inclusion in Nursing/OT/and PT: Challenges and Solutions
- Working w/DHH students in clinical nursing programs Accommodation Decision-Making: The
- Critical Process of Documenting Decisions
And a Super Exciting Bonus!
The #DocsWithDisabilities Podcast will be onsite for a special recording session, interviewing DISABILITY RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS!