The JW Marriott Austin and AHEAD are committed to the health, safety and well-being of AHEAD attendees. The following best practices and procedures will be implemented for the AHEAD Conference.
- Require all attendees to wear masks at all times in all public areas of the hotel.
- Maintain signage to encourage and remind people of physical distancing requirements placed throughout the meeting space. Ensure graphics on signs are easy to interpret and information is clear and straightforward.
- Encourage guests to utilize mobile check-in and mobile guest room keys.
- Encourage escalator use as the preferred mode of travel between meeting room levels whenever feasible. Hand sanitizer will be available at each end of all escalators.
- Limit elevators to no more than 4 guests at a time.
- Establish single-direction traffic flow in and out of venue and seating areas.
- Where possible, prop open public bathrooms doors to reduce hand to surface contact. Touchless fixtures are available in all public restrooms.
- Sanitize all tools and equipment hotel associates utilize prior to, during and after usage.
- Sanitize microphones before and after each use.
- Space all foyer furniture to meet physical distancing guidelines.
- Hotel associates will clean high touch point areas throughout the public space and restrooms of the hotel utilizing hospital grade disinfectant.
- All hotel associates will have their temperatures taken prior to the start of their shift.
- All hotel associates will be required to wear masks during their shift.
Meeting Registration Set-Up
- Lineless tables will be used whenever possible to facilitate frequent cleaning.
- Registration tables will be set in areas that facilitate proper physical distancing of 6’ while guests are in line.
- Sanitizing solution will be provided to clean pens/table surface between each guest registration interaction.
Meeting Room Set-Up
- Linenless tables will be used whenever possible to facilitate frequent cleaning
- Paper pads and pens will be available upon request.
- Hotels will have a bubbler in the back of each meeting room with a touchless push spout and disposable cups.
- All meeting room setups will take into account proper physical distancing of 6’ while setting the room.
- Wherever possible meeting room doors will be labeled with Entry and Exit Signs to facilitate one-way traffic flow in meeting rooms.
- Whenever possible, meeting room doors will be left open to reduce hand to surface contact.
- All rooms will be cleaned and sanitized once meeting room is set for an event.
- Rooms will be cleaned sanitized at the end of each day for multi-day events.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be present throughout the meeting space.
- Linenless tables will be used whenever possible to facilitate frequent cleaning.
- Meal services will be plated service or buffets with to-go items to be plated by hotel associate.
- Silverware will be set on tables wrapped in linen napkins.
- Items will not pre-set on dining tables prior to guest entrance
- All condiments (salt, pepper, cream & sugar) will be served in individual portions and upon request.
- Salad dressings, bread and butter will be offered to each guest by a hotel associate.
- Additional time will be allocated to facilitate dining service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance to all meal rooms.
Coffee Break Service
- All break items will be individually packaged. Drinks will be in individual cans/bottles (including sodas and juices). Coffee will have the touchless pour spouts or poured by a coffee attendant. All condiments (cream, sugar etc.) will be served in individual portions.
- AHEAD will allow additional time for break service in between meeting functions and break in smaller individual groups when possible.
- Buffet shields will be used as applicable.
- Bar placement will only be set in areas that facilitate proper physical distancing of 6’ while guests are in line.
- Sanitizing solution will be used to clean bar surface in between each guest interaction.
- All reception items will be served the same way as breakfast/lunch. When possible, we will have action stations however as many items as possible will be individually packaged.